Barratt London offers an extraordinary opportunity in the City of London
Malaysia, 01 March 2016 – Landmark Place, one of London’s finest residential developments of 2016, is a story of firsts – not only is this the first joint venture undertaken by Barratt London and CPC Group Limited but the project is rising within the City, where London began, a site which has been home to leaders and innovators for enturies.
Lying within the boundaries of Roman Londinium, Landmark Place is a development of 165 one-bedroom suites, one, two and three-bedroom apartments and penthouses designed by world-renowned architects and bounded by three of the landmarks which have come to symbolise London – the Thames, the Tower of London and Tower Bridge.
Enterprising Romans built quays here, as well as a Roman bath, mixing business with pleasure from the earliest times. During the Middle Ages, the quays were rebuilt by resourceful merchants. Later, King Henry VIII was entertained by his courtiers here. After the Great Fire, commercial buildings, including Wren’s Custom House, replaced those that were lost. Even the Blitz, which destroyed previous buildings on the site, didn’t interrupt business for long. Most recently, Tate & Lyle, the British-based multinational agribusiness occupied an office building here.
Reflecting this extraordinary lineage and location, the building’s design is drawn from a visionary architect – Le Corbusier – a genius with light and space who believed that systems of harmony and proportion should be at the heart of design and that architectural beauty comes from what he called ‘honest construction’, where form relates to function. The development consists of two interconnected buildings, one of nine storeys and the other eleven storeys, which appear to be wrapped in glass, allowing wide vistas of the Thames and the London skyline. Recessed balconies provide a seamless transition between the exterior and the interior of the buildings, while the generosity of glazing – over 80% of the building is glass – provides the widest of views in this historic setting.
At Landmark Place, the quality of the interior architecture, by Bowler James Brindley, is as significant as the exterior design, with inspiration drawn from the simple palette of Mies van de Rohe’s Barcelona Pavilion. The views from every angle are taken into consideration and enhanced by glazing which wraps around the corners of the building, widening the vista.
Residents’ facilities will be exceptional and include:
- Entrance through a beautifully landscaped piazza into a glass roofed reception area, with a bookcase-lined wall, fireplace and seating areas.
- A 24 hour concierge service, staffed by two people during the day, ensures a personalised service and effortless living at Landmark Place is available at all times. This includes greeting guests, accepting deliveries, booking transportation and making reservations.
- An exceptional residents’ private health suite on the ground floor, with one entire wall of translucent glass to flood the area with light while ensuring complete privacy. In addition to the 20 metre swimming pool, residents will also have a jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and a treatment room.
- A magnificent residents’ lounge, situated on the ground floor, with three floor to ceiling glass walls providing incomparable river views, fully equipped with wifi, audio visual and catering facilities as well as elegant soft seating. Residents will be able to use this space to host meetings small events or simply enjoy reading a good book.
- A business suite, complete with full audio visual services and catering facilities, which residents can use instead of the lounge for private functions.
- A glamourous cinema room, complete with wide-screen TV and surround sound, can be hired to share with friends or for business and booked via the concierge.
Gary Patrick, regional sales director, Barratt London, comments:
“The privilege of working on sites as significant as this one has been an inspiration for the entire team. Every aspect of the development has been carefully considered to create confidently contemporary homes that provide not only exceptional open living space, but a sense of security and comfort for residents. We’ve used design to create these feelings, through views, symmetry and architectural rigor. The beauty and elegance of the materials make these homes exceptional – flexible yet private, but also extremely stylish.”
Dominic Heaton-Watson, Senior Manager, Knight Frank Malaysia, comments:
“We are delighted to bring such a rare investment opportunity to Malaysia – one that will really appeal to purchasers seeking unrivalled waterfront living in the heart of London. Landmark Place sits prominently amongst the world famous Tower Bridge, Tower of London and River Thames providing an ideal address for access to the financial district and the best the city has to offer.”
Andrew Hawkins, Associate Director, Savills, comments:
“This development offers everything you would expect from such a desirable address, with its pavilion inspired entrance, beautifully crafted interiors and private gardens, Landmark Place is an exceptional scheme. It sits in an enviable location, surrounded by world heritage in the City of London, a global financial centre. We expect demand to come from discerning buyers who want the exclusivity of a riverside address combined with the convenience of being in the City. With uninterrupted views of the iconic Tower Bridge, Landmark Place has the perfect mix of luxury, location and history.”
Landmark Place is well served by public transport, with Tower Hill, Fenchurch Street and Cannon Street stations just moments away. Tower Millennium Pier is adjacent to the east of the site, giving access to the Thames Clipper commuter and other leisure river services.
Anticipated prices at Landmark Place will start at £735,000 for a one-bedroom suite and up to £10 million for a penthouse. The development is due for completion in summer 2018.